Are you washing your car correctly, or just damaging the paint? If you had park your car out in the sun, you would undoubtedly notice that there are countless of swirl marks on the paint. Most of these swirls marks are caused by poor washing techniques.
In order to minimize these swirls marks, one should follow these tips.
- Wait for the car engine to cool down, and never wash in direct sunlight.
- Choose the tools that are gentle on paint (preferably made from microfiber).
- Wash the wheels and tires first (make sure that the wheel wash solution is non-corrosive).
- Always rinse your vehicle thoroughly before you begin washing in order to remove loose debris.
- Wash you car from the top down.
- Use two buckets system. Fill one bucket with soapy water and fill the other with clean water.
- Never double dip the washing mitt into the dirty bucket.
- Each time you’re ready to reload your washing mitt with soapy water, dip it in the clean water first, to rinse out the grit and contamination you’ve just removed from your vehicle. Then dip it in the soapy water and continue washing.
- Never skip drying. Use microfiber clothes and gently go over the paint surface.
Would you like to know more? Please sign up on our mailing list.